Topbox. The most amazing beauty subscription service. The best. My favorite. Phenomenal. Their customer service is always A+. Their products are high end. And they have wonderful little bonuses that you can take part in (like a “wishlist” for a Prive Topbox; a special brand exclusive box!!).
So who or what is Topbox? It’s a Canadian beauty subscription service that sends 4 personalized items to your mailbox. And it’s only $12 CAD!! That’s it! No shipping. No handling. No hidden fees (you just pay the GST/PST applicable in your province). You can chose to get your subscription sent in a printed tube that is adorable and totally reusable. Or an eco friendly organza bag. Every month I continue to be amazed by the high end samples I receive: Deborah Lippmann, Buxom, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Benefit, The Balm, Eyeko, Elizabeth Arden, … I could keep going, but you get my point.
For the last three months, Topbox has been pushing all of my happy buttons. It’s like my subscription keeps getting better! Here’s my summer Topbox breakdown!!
For May’s box, all subscribers had the option to add on a $10 Beauty Surprise. I opted in. You never know what you are going to get, it could be a product worth $15 CAD or one worth well over $100 CAD. My surprise this month came from Bobbi Brown. I found this so ironic because I had just had my first Bobbi Brown experience EVER, in April, at Nordstrom’s Beauty Trend Event. And it wasn’t a great first impression. I feel like I was gifted a do over!!
The Bobbi Brown box came complete with my choice of makeover at Bobbi Brown in Holt Renfrew, a coupon for a free mini Instant Long Wear Makeup Remover, and five mini BB products.
I’m very excited to have an opportunity for another makeover from Bobbi Brown. I would love the second chance to fall in love with a different, new to me, makeup brand. I also got a nice range of samples and minis. This will allow me to play my way and get a better feel for the products.
The products I received:
• Soothing Cleansing Oil
• Smokey Eye Mascara
• Hydrating Eye Cream
• High Shimmer Lip Gloss
• Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner Sample Card (includes Black Ink and Steel Ink)
This box is currently being sold in the Topbox Shop for $27 CAD. So at $10 CAD for a beauty add on, I would say it was a great surprise!!
This was just my add on! I also got my regular monthly Topbox. I didn’t “wish” for any of the offered Prive boxes this month. I chose the regular Topbox with surprise contents.
The products I received:
• The Face Shop Herb Day Cleansing Foam Aloe – The Face Shop has recently been brought to my attention. I have seen their products popping up and then I found a retail location in passing. So I’m beyond thrilled to have some products to try. The Face Shop is a South Korean based beauty company. They have a wide range of skin care (and makeup?) products available. I plan to visit the store soon to get a closer look!! About this product, from The Face Shop, “This cleanser will leave your skin supple and soft to the touch. Its formula is enriched with aloe and its soft foaming texture soothes irritated skin and provides the epidermis with intense hydration.”
• The Face Shop Seaweeds Moisturizing Pack – The perfect follow up for the Aloe Cleanser! “This sleeping pack contains seaweed extract, providing vitality and moisture to tired and dry skin.” These products compliment each other so well. I’m thrilled to have them both. You get a much better feel for a brand and their products when you can try a few things from their line. #teamwork
• Medusa’s Makeup Eyeshadow – This shadow is a mineral shadow. It is highly pigmented and glittery. Perfect for an intense eye on a big night out. I’m loving the smoky grey shade. It seems ipsy always sends me the champagne shades and Topbox sends me the smoky grey shades (see April’s Topbox). I’m starting to crave a little variety though!! I’m excited to have an eyeshadow to try from Medusa’s Makeup. I was extremely surprised (I’m a great way) with the Lipgloss I received in a past Topbox.
• D:fi Reshapable Spray – This is a styling spray. Much like a flexible hairspray. You can use it on dry or wet hair to reshape or maintain style. It’s very versatile. Perfect for travel or the office … or your purse. Basically, anywhere that you are on the go and could need (or want) a style change.
All together now. So many great products to sample and try for May!! It’s hard to believe that June got even better …
As if May’s Topbox wasn’t amazing enough, June came with a HUGE surprise bonus! I was 1 of 500 (very lucky) women who were chosen to try 3 FULL SIZE Vichy products for FREE. It appears to me that our Topbox personalized quiz answers might have been taken into consideration, as different women got different product lines. The product line I received, Idealia, fits my skin concerns exactly!! The products were sent out in collaboration with Topbox, Vichy, and Lou Lou Magazine. Click Here to read my in depth review and personal skin story on the Vichy Idealia line.
In addition to the (ah-MAZE-ing) BONUS, I still received my monthly Topbox. Again, I opted out of any Prive Topbox options.
The products I received:
• Deborah Lippmann Luxurious Nail Color – This is the second Deborah Lippmann nail color that I have received (see April’s Topbox). The shade is different so I’m assuming that means it isn’t considered a repeat item. Not that I would complain anyways, I mean it’s a FULL size DL polish. I also received a coupon for a complimentary Smooth Operator Nail File from Holt Renfrew. Yes!!!
• Paula’s Choice Clinical KP Treatment Cloths – I suffer from KP. And I hate it. Being fair, I feel the redness and bumps are always super obvious. If I get cold they can turn purple hued. This is a product that I didn’t know existed and am thrilled to have found (been sent). Unfortunately, I need to actually use these clothes long term to tell you if they work, but I can tell you that I felt a reduction in redness after only one use. Side note, if you also have KP, coconut oil works amazing at helping to clear it up. I’m starting a routine with these cloths, followed by slathering on some coconut oil.
• Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation – I love Buxom. It’s one of my top five favorite brands. I’m thrilled to have this sample of foundation shades to try and find my perfect match. My only negative is that I received this sample for free from Sephora. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed in the sample size given that I pay for this subscription service.
• Fruits & Passion Aloe Face Mask – How interesting that I received a Fruits & Passion Aloe Face Mask a month after I received The Face Shop products (The Face Shop locations replaced the Fruits & Passion locations). I also received a coupon for a face treatment FREE from Fruits & Passion. Except there are no longer Fruits & Passion locations in my province. I could order online, but it seems pointless to pay for shipping on such a small item. I don’t see myself using the coupon unless I surprise myself with a trip across eastern Canada. The Aloe mask is made to hydrate and refresh skin. It is a single use sheet mask. I haven’t used this mask yet as I intend to use it in Mexico, in August, on my sun drenched skin. What could be a better, travel friendly, soothing, DIY, face treatment?!!?
Another killer month. I’m starting to wonder what miracles Topbox has hidden up their tiny $12 sleeves …
For July, Topbox was offering (again) their $10 Beauty Surprise Add On. This time (for the first time ever) I chose not to partake. This was a budget based decision, not a preference. I have yet to see a bad beauty surprise. I’m not sure what the “surprises” were for July but I saw a few Instagram shots of a 4 pack of Marsk Mineral Eyeshadows and a Yaby Palette, I’m sooo jealous!!
I (once again) chose the Regular Topbox. I have yet to not like a single box. And I love the surprise!!
The products I received:
• OFRA Cosmetics Universal Eyebrow Pencil – Yes!! Another OFRA product. And brows are definitely having their moment in the spotlight. Being a natural blonde, I was worried about how “universal” this product would actually be. However, how heavy you apply the pencil, determines the shade. Even applied with a very light hand, the color is still a bit darker than I’m used to. Not over the top darker, just a few shades darker. I’m excited to have a shade to make my brows big and bold when the mood strikes. Also, it’s full size!!
• Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat – Another full size item. Another GREAT item. Another reason to continue my love affair with Topbox. I don’t own this but I always see it at my nail salon. I love that it is fast dry. Perfect for my busy lifestyle. The formula adheres, through the color, to the base coat for a flawless durable finish.
• St. Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Body Medium/Dark – St. Tropez is everybody’s favorite self tanning brand. I have already owed and tried this exact product. I loved it. And I love that I now have more. A perfect item for these summer months! This is a daily (gradual) self tanner. It not only gives you a bronzed look, but it also has super nourishing skin benefits.
• Bare Minerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara – This mascara is “10-in-1”. It is volumizing, lengthening, thickening, separating, and long-wearing. It has an exclusive “ProTwist180 Wand” that is spiraled 180 degree. It curves around each lash to coat from ALL angles. The formula contains nourishing minerals and quinoa protein complex. I’m very excited to try this mascara as I love many other Bare Minerals products.
July’s Topbox might be my favorite one EVER. Each item was a 10/10 on the “fuck yes”, “impress me” scale. But honestly, it’s a tough call. It’s like they know me. Every box thrills me. Every item has been awesome.
If you are interested in subscribing to Topbox, comment and I’ll send you my referral link via invitation email!! Unfortunately for some of you, they only offer their subscribtion to Canadians at this time. But if you are a Non Canadian, you can just continue drooling over my reviews! ♡♡♡