I love to
get naked and have a “Spa Bath” on Sunday nights. Prep my skin for the busy week ahead. Wash away all the stress from the week before. Sometimes I grab my tried and true favorites. Other times I go through my samples and minis and pick out a few goodies to make the ultimate DIY spa.
Today’s Picks!! It was a glorious rub a dub dub …
1) GlamGlow THIRSTYCLEANSE Daily Hydrating Cleanser ($43 CAD) – The first step is to wash your face. This cleanser starts out as a mud and turns in to a foam. You apply the mud to a dry face and spread it around evenly. Then apply water to your hands and massage your hands into the mud. The water will cause the mud to lather into a cleansing foam. I very much enjoyed this product. The mud was calming and soothing, my skin was left clean and refreshed. I would totally consider buying this product in the future. I really enjoyed it!!
2) Dr. Brandt Skincare Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant ($90 CAD) – I followed up the cleanse with this scrub. The scrub brightens skin, reduces the appearance of discoloration, and helps increase the absorption of other skincare products. It felt very fine and although you could feel lots of gritty pieces, it wasn’t at all damaging or abrasive. It felt like a very fine scrub. It didn’t leave my skin dry or irritated. I have sensitive skin, and still found this scrub to be gentle enough for a weekly treatment. This scrub is NOT suitable for daily use. It is intended to be used with a minimum of three days between treatments.
3) GlamGlow BRIGHTMUD Eye Treatment ($76 CAD) – Next, an eye treatment. This GlamGlow treatment is made to minimize puffiness, dark circles, and fine lines. It also claims to brighten and hydrate the eyes. I prefer to do one eye at a time, applying was a bit tricky. You open the pod and “tap” the product on to your eye. This did not work for me. I had to scoop the product out and light tap my fingers to my eye (and undereye) to apply. Left the treatment on for three minutes and then wipe off with a soft dry tissue. I did feel a slight burning sensation for a few seconds, but it went away quickly. My eyes did appear fresh and hydrated. My puffiness had subsided.
4) Indigena Blueberry Bliss Sugar Scrub ($60 CAD) – This scrub is AMAZING! All natural, food grade (yes, it’s edible!), and never tested on the fur babies!! The best thing? You can use this scrub on your face, lips, and body. It has a coconut base, citrus essential oils, and wild Newfoundland blueberry seeds. This is hands down, the best scrub I have ever used. It smells amazing and leaves my skin feeling revived. I can’t wait for my next trip to St. John’s to stock up on more Indignea products!!! For Spa Sunday, I used this on my entire body for a much needed polish.
5) L’OCCITANE Ultra Rich Body Cream Rich in Shea Butter ($48 CAD) – After a relaxing Spa-esque soak, I need to immediately hydrate with a thick cream. To help seal in moisture, I like to apply the cream immediately after toweling off, when my skin is still plump and hydrated from the water. This cream was rich and luxurious. It made my skin feel like a dream. The sample size was very generous and I was easily able to use it for my entire body (face excluded).
6) AmorePacific Intensive Vitalizing Eye Essence ($105 CAD) – A serum specifically for the eyes. This one works on three levels: de-puffing, lifting, and brightening. It has a very light, watery consistency. It’s so runny I had to be careful with the packet to not make a mess. However, this consistency made it very light and fresh, and easily absorbed.
7) ESTÉE LAUDER Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex II ($65 CAD) – I love this eye cream. It reduces all of the key signs of aging around the eyes. I can feel it working with a slight tingling or tightening sensation. You only need a tiny amount, and it’s best to pat it into the skin (as in don’t rub it in). Although it says “night” in the name, this eye gel can be used morning and night. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite eye products.
8) Dr. Brandt Skincare Laser FX Lift Serum ($89.50 CAD) – This serum is used for the face, and is great for signs of aging (it will tighten and firm). Serums are designed to penetrate the deeper levels of the skin. Used with an exfoliant, your skin will be primed to make the most of this product. I love the way my skin feels and looks. I also enjoyed the combo of the the two Dr. Brandt products in the sample. They really compliment each other.
9) Biotherm Skin Best Night ($71 CAD) – I follow up the serum with the Skin Best Night cream. This is a favorite of mine. A staple. A routine. This is a thicker, heavy cream best for overnight, or in this case after a heavy string of products. When I have a Spa Sunday, I don’t put make up on for the rest of the day and I use a night cream (even if it’s only the afternoon) to really boost hydration and repair. I get so many compliments on my skin, and it’s all thanks to my daily regimen of Biotherm.
10) RELAX. And drink lots of water. And get a good night’s sleep.
This is my favorite way to use samples. Just make sure you compliment your products and don’t use too many “treatments” at once, for example, I chose to do a facial scrub so I didn’t do a mask. If you use bath bombs, bubbles, or oils in your bath water, be sure to use fresh tap water for all DIY facials. To make it the most amazing spa day ever, pair your face and body treatments with a mani, pedi, and hair mask. Don’t have a hair mask? Coconut oil is all you need. Apply it to wet hair and let it soak for ten minutes BEFORE you shampoo and condition for a quick boost. Or apply it after you shampoo and condition and leave it in overnight as a mask.
You’ll have Monday all like “Meowwww, Bitch!“. But seriously, you will be fierce and ready to
Carpe Diem seize the day!! How do you use your samples? And how do you prepare for the busy week ahead?!