June Glam Bags are one their way, and I haven’t even posted about May!! I guess I had my head in clouds!! The theme for May was Jetsetter – definitely one of my favorite themes since I subscribed nearly a year ago! If you aren’t familiar with Ipsy, you need to be. They offer an amazing beauty subscription service that sends you 5 personalized products right to your door. And for only $10 US!! Ipsy is one of my favorite services, mainly because I am a total makeup whore junkie. Although ipsy sends all beauty related items (skin care, hair products, body care etc.) they tend to send the highest percentage of makeup items (in comparison to other subscription services that I have tried).
I was thrilled with all of the items that I received, but first, I have to talk about the bag. It is amazing!! Ipsy collaborated with Breakups to Makeup to design their Glam Bags this month. They had three different designs offered. This is the first time I have seen different bags available, and what’s more? All three were available for ipsters to cash in their ipsy points (cost 500 points)!! I totally redeemed for the “Contents: My Life” bag!! These were just too cute to not own more than one!!
I received the above pictured bag (Contents: Pretty Important Stuff) with my ipsy products this month. All the designs were adorable, and so witty, it’s impossible for me to chose a favorite. I just knew that I needed more than one (haha!!)
I was thrilled with ALL of my products. IT Cosmetics AND Urban Decay. My panties are officially soaked. AND a Breakups to Makeup bag?! Seriously, I’m still in awe.
What I Got:
• IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream in Medium – I love this brand and I love BB creams (CC creams). I find they work so much better for me than foundation. I have minimal skin concerns, so I find foundations to be too heavy for daily wear. The coverage of the IT Cosmetics is perfect, it provides true color correction and effortlessly covers redness and uneven skin tone. That said, ipsy sent me ANOTHER medium sample shade. How hard is it for them to understand that I am a fair skinned blonde?!?!?! This shade will work fine on me now, because is summer. But come winter, this cream maybe to dark for my light skin.
• Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing Patches – Does anyone else notice that when you get one type of product in a subscription box, it seems that all of your other subscription services will simultaneously send you very similar products?? Such is the case with these eye pads and treatment masks (stay tuned to my blog to see what I mean!!). I’m not complaining, in fact I’m thrilled, I have enough “treatments” to last me weeks of Spa-like pampering. Two of the Klorane patches arrived, perfect for trying the product more than once to really get an understanding of if it works for you. I love Klorane hair products so I’m very excited to try something from their skin care line. My main area of concern for my 27 year old face, is the start of aging – especially around the eyes. These patches soothe the eye area, helping them appear rested and youthful.
• Briogeo Rosarco Milk™ Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray – LOVE this product! It’s so great for the summer months when the sun can totally dry out your strands. My favorite way to use this product is to spritz it on the mid shaft to the ends, on towel dried hair. It’s my go to product if I’m letting my hair air dry, throwing it up into bun while it’s still wet, or even as a boost to my ends for when I blow-dry it sleek and straight.
• Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Lip Pencil in Clear + BONUS Revolution High-Color Lipgloss in FailBait and Bittersweet – Urban Decay is hands down one of my FAVORITE beauty brands of ALL time. I am a true UD Junkie in every sense of the word. Seeing UD in my Glam Bag always makes me squeal with delight. Believe it or not this is my first UD lip liner, and how amazing that I received it in Clear?!?! I can use it with any lipstick, no matter how crazy the shade is. And it works great as a primer too!! I fully line my lips (and fill them in) before applying any lipstick, lip gloss, lip stain, etc. it works for them all!! It holds lipstick in place, prolonging wear, no bleeding or fading. Another amazing product by UD. I’ll totally be buying this in full size!! And as a bonus we also received two (generous) samples of UD’S new Revolution High-Color Lipgloss in two different shades. This lipgloss is so pigmented (not at all sheer) and bold. But it isn’t sticky at all!! Purple lips are totally a thing now, and I’m falling hard for Bittersweet!
• Skone Cosmetics Pretty Eyes Automatic Eyeliner in Navy – This is my first product from Skone Cosmetics!! I have heard good things and the eyeliner confirmed them. The liner is creamy and applies smoothly. It also lasts all day and doesn’t fade or lose it’s brilliance. The shade is called Navy, but definitely shows more of a bright blue on my skin tone (not a dark deep blue like I was expecting). I have a love hate with automatic liners. I love how travel friendly and maintenance free they are, however, you can never again get that sharp point you see on a new product. With a regular pencil, you can sharpen it to get a fresh, fine point, anytime.
Ipsy totally nailed it this month. I loved the theme. I loved (LOVED) the bag. I loved the products. And I love ipsy. It’s such an awesome surprise to send myself every month!! When you realize that you need ipsy in your life, Click Here to sign up. You can see my Glam Bag for April Here.