April was a doozy for subscription boxes. I was worried for my ipsy bag after hearing how tons of items were arriving in less than perfect condition. Glossybox forgot an item. And Birchbox forgot my box – the actual box.
Included with my monthly subscription was a designer box by Rifle Paper Co. There was even a little description card included in the box that outlined the monthly inspirations. Unfortunately, my subscription arrived with the card, but not the box. I got a boring brown box. It really made the Rifle Paper Co. look soo desirable. We always want what we can’t have, right ladies?!?
I mean, how tantalizing? Reading a descriptor card detailing how amazing the monthly design is, all while staring at a brown box … disappointing. I emailed Birchbox, what gives?!?! They immediately owned up to a warehouse error and said they would ship a box out asap. It took awhile (hence another late review), but I finally received it!
The box really is so adorable. It was worth the wait. I love the bright orange and the floral pattern for spring!! Beautiful. I already have it repurposed. I’m loving this idea of different themed monthly boxes, they are so versatile.
Now for my contents! This month was alright for me. Nothing got me super excited, but I wasn’t overly disappointed either. Given the choice, I’d rather makeup over all else. Only getting one makeup item this month (another highlighter!), was a let down. The majority of my items were just a glorified shower in a box. But I do prefer showers, I’m strictly an occasional bath person.
• Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Moisturizing Shampoo – Another duo that I will set aside for travel. I am glad that Birchbox sent both a shampoo and conditioner. Having both allows for a better trial of the line and brand. This is a “new to me” brand, and I am excited to try it on my next trip!
• Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Repairing Conditioner – See Above.
• Not Soap, Radio Body Wash – I love the wit behind this brand. I also loved the way this left my skin feeling after the shower. I did not like the scent (Bathing With Sharks). I’m so picky with scent, floral or earthy is not my thing. I think I would have preferred “Joy Inducing“.
• Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream – Pomegranate! Yay! A fruity scent! I really like this shaving creamy. It’s smooth and rich. Leaves my legs feeling soft even before I apply my moisturizer!!
• Jelly Pong Pong GLOW GETTER Highlighter – My only makeup item of the month. A brush on, gel highlighter. I like that it has an application brush built in, kind of like nail polish. It allows for easy on the go makeup. Swipe and blend with your fingers. I like that the brush is more precise than some of my other products (i.e. Tarte’s stick like highlighter). Also enjoy the color of this highlight. Very iridescent but also very intense. This is more of a glam highlight vs. a subtle dewy glow.
A so so month for Birchbox. I applaud them for fixing their mistake (especially since the box was so cute and I wanted it). But my products were simply – meh. Looking forward to May … hopefully it arrives soon!! Want your own Birchbox Canada? Click Here!! ♡♡