I finally took the plunge and decided to subscribe to Glossybox. Janet (Jan&Jot) told me about this great promo they had going on for April where you got a FREE full size Model Co mascara with your first box. In addition they were having a “pop art” theme that included a stunning box and a pop art Thursday Friday makeup bag.
Glossybox is a monthly subscription service that sends 5 beauty products, typically high end and often full size. It is quite a bit more than my other subscription services, the cost is $21 USD + $5 USD for shipping (per month). Given the current exchange, that brought my total to about $34 CAD. A sneak peek for the April box showed that a full size OCC Lip Tar would be included in every box. OCC and Model Co made the price more than worth it for me!! And there would still be 4 more products!! When you sign up you complete a beauty profile, but so far, it looks like everyone pretty much receives the same items.
I quickly learned that with Glossybox, shipping takes FOREVER!! And I never received a single update or notice or anything. I definitely didn’t like that. If I paid for something, I want to know when it is shipped and when I will be receiving my item. Glossybox was the last of my subscription boxes to arrive. I had to cancel my subscription before I even got my box because I didn’t want to be charged for the following month without first having decided if I liked the service. Smart move.
The box. I absolutely love it! It is definitely one of the coolest boxes I have ever received. And I love the color!! I mean obviously I loved the pink box too but this one is just as nice!! I turned this picture into a wallpaper for my phone, that’s how much I loved it!!
The products I received were pretty great. But wait?! No mascara?! I had entered the promo code and it had been accepted. So where was my mascara?!
Two full size products, a makeup bag (how cute, right?), and three mini products. A great selection but I’m not sure I would spend $34 CAD on it. Especially when you don’t have any input in what you receive.
• Estee Lauder Enlighten Dark Spot Correcting Night Serum – I’m loving Estee Lauder lately (love their eye cream). I’m excited to try this product under my night cream. I don’t have any dark spots but I’m all for improving tone and evening out my complexion.
• Marrakesh Endz Split End Mender & Preventer – Love creams like this. I have super fine hair and they can be prone to breakage of not cared for properly. I love that this product keeps my hair sleek and protected.
• Julep Gel Eye Glider in Olive – I have never tried Julep products but I know alot about them and their subscription service. I think this is a great way to get people on board with your product and possibly sign up as well. This eyeliner is creamy and pigmented. I love the shade and love that it is full size. I’m actually super excited to use it for eye looks with my Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Color Field.
• Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Stained Gloss in Rythm Box – I already own and love the OCC Stained Glosses. I don’t own this shade, however! I love the bright cherry red color is adds. Much lighter and brighter than it appears in the tube. Love to wear this alone or layer it over lipstick or stain.
• Aerin Waterlily Sun Perfume – I have said it before. Not a fan of fragrances in subscription boxes. I like 1/100 scents I would guess! This is a great size. The scent is light and airy. I’m still not sure if it is something I would wear, but I’m open to it.
Back to the fact that I never received the mascara. I emailed Glossybox and heard back within a few days. They told me that they had run out of the mascaras and that I could pick another item on their list of products. I was happy to see that they were offering a replacement product, but it still didn’t explain why I wasn’t informed of this earlier. Instead of shipping me an item separately, I could have picked a replacement to have shipped along with the April box. Not a huge deal, but noteable none the less. I picked a full size Doucce Cosmetics Lipstick as my replacement. I was told it would ship right out.
Nearly three weeks later I hadn’t received the lipstick and hadn’t received a shipping confirmation (not that I was expecting one since I didn’t even get one with the actual box). I emailed Glossybox again. They told me that they were waiting for a shipment and that my item would be sent right out. I was confused as to why I hadn’t been informed of this when I chose the item. I didn’t get told the Model Co was out of stock until I emailed them. And now I wasn’t getting the lipstick shipped until I emailed. It almost seems like they were hoping I wouldn’t notice that I was missing my free add on. And then hoping I would forget about my replacement if enough time passed. My experience has been that you need to contact the company, because they won’t contact you. That’s a terrible way to do business. If I purchase something, send me a confirmation. If I pay for shipping, send me my shipping info. If you run out of a product, let me know ahead of time. Having problems with a delayed shipment, let me know so I’m not sitting around checking the mailbox for weeks on end.
My lipstick finally arrived, hello end of May! Talk about problems with April subscription boxes! All my reviews are so late this month!! Birchbox forgot the box. Ipsy was anticipated with feelings of doom. And now Glossybox and their run around.
The lipstick arrived in the shade 907. It is basically the color of my lips. A light mauve. The formula itself doesn’t seem overly moisturizing and tugged on my lips during application. The packaging is a cool reflective gun metal. But it’s plastic. It reminds me of the Wet n’ Wild packaging. It’s fine for a $3 lipstick, but not what I expected for a lipstick in the $20 range. I’m curious if all the lipsticks are like this or if it was just the one I received. I’ll give it a few more tries before I decide on a final verdict! My first impressions were not great considering the price point.
Glossybox. You weren’t so Glossy. Some of the products wowed me, and others were lack luster. Your customer service and lack of communication really sealed the deal. I’ll be spending my $34 CAD elsewhere!! Glossy, your loss(y)!!!