My first late review! Very late. Naughty girl. Oh so naughty. Better late than never, right?! A late review is never a bad thing, because, now, I have fully tried out these products, multiple times. February’s ipsy Glam Bag theme was #ipsyLove and I sure did feel the love!! My bag took nearly two weeks longer than expected. I had redeemed my points for three additional products, so I’m guessing my bag went out with a different batch compared to the regular batch for my city. I redeemed for another two products to be included with my March Glam Bag, and once again my bag is barely getting to me before the end of the month (expected delivery is sitting on March 25th). Even if the wait is longer when you redeem your points, I love the additional products!!
So what exactly is ipsy? Ipsy is the $10 USD beauty subscription service that sends 4-5 personalized beauty samples right to your door (plus $5 USD for shipping to Canada). They send full sized products, deluxe samples, and beauty tools, all tucked into a themed makeup bag that changes every month.
I’m loving ipsy just as much today as I did when I signed up back in July 2014. I love the concept of receiving new products, I love the brands that they send, and I love the cute little makeup bags that are so useful for so many different things. I have one that has my pepper spray and flashlight in it (you know in case I’m walking alone, late at night, through a creepy neighborhood and Scooby-Doo isn’t there to distract the villains). I have another one that is designated for lipbalms in my purse. I use the pencil case style ones as … pencil cases. And one that I use for all my mani minis so I can quickly grab it and do manis on-the-go. How do you reuse your Glam Bags?
This month’s bag was a canvas feeling, hot pink bag with a grey, pink, and white diamond print. I love the signature ipsy pull that they put on all of their bags. It adds such a cute little detail. It is nice that ipsy sends so many different styles of makeup bags. This one has a unique zipper placement, on the side.
My bag looked bulging when I received it. Combined with the bonus points items, I had alot of products to test and try. Although I received some packet samples (GlamGlow) I like that they sent me two so that I can have a good chance to fully try out the product.
The products I received this month:
1. City Color Cosmetics Creamy Lip Stain in Flirtini – This item was full size and that is always an exciting thing to receive! I was pretty excited to try out this product and I really liked the pink shade. It color itself would be perfect for daily wear, it was pigmented and a true to the tube shade. However, I hated the formula. This gloss is supposed to be “a hybrid between a lipstick and gloss, City Color Creamy Lip Stain gives your lips true, bold color that won’t quit! Applies thick and creamy with a glossy shine and sets with a lightweight, matte stain that doesn’t dry out”. This was not at all my experience. The formula felt oily and never seemed to fully dry. It would transfer instantly onto any surface. I would not recommend this product and I will not be buying it. The price for these is around $4.99 USD, but I would much rather spend that on a similarly prices item, with higher quality, such as NYX.
2. GLAMGLOW BRIGHTMUD® Eye Treatment – I am in love with the GlamGlow ThirstyMud. I love to apply it and leave it on overnight. I have not tried this sample yet, but I am very excited to try this, I’m just waiting for the perfect at home spa night … this weekend?!
3. Luxie Beauty Large Angled Face Brush 504 – I loved this brush as much as I thought I would. The rose gold color is beautiful and the brush is so soft. It is perfect for blending contour or applying blush. The angle fits flawlessly along the cheek bone. I would have indulged into the entire collection if shipping to Canada was easier!! I seriously love Luxie Beauty!!
4. ModelCo Blush Cheek Powder – I got this blush in the shade Peach Bellini! Yay ipsy for sending me that one! I own so many pink blushes it was wonderful to switch it up and add this beautiful peachy color to my collection. This brush is very pigmented and blends effortlessly. I don’t know much about Model Co (this is my first product from them) but they are definitely on my radar now. I’m hoping ipsy will include more of their products in future bags!!
5. ‘Tini Beauty Rob Scheppy for ‘Tini Beauty Eyeshadow in Pearl Fizz – Another FULL SIZE product. I really love the shade of this product. It really is the perfect highlight shade! It is also nice to use on the lid with some intricate wings to minimize the shadow and highlight the liner. The formula is soft and velvety. It applies easily and blends with little effort. I have now received a few light eye shades from ipsy (J Cat in September, Cailyn in December, Pacifica in January) so I wouldn’t mind some darker shades and to stay away from the highlight for a while!!
The bonus products I received this month:
6. (MALIN + GOETZ) Mojito Lip Balm – I received this in my December Glam Bag and loved it. The formula is so hydrating and smells light and fresh, a sweet mint. It definitely wears more as a gloss than a “treatment” or balm. It is on the thicker side, but not at all sticky. I’m so excited to be getting a second one of these!
7. Figs and Rouge Mango Mandarin Hand Cream – I love the smell of this creamy it is light and fruity. The cream itself is very hydrating but it absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy feeling behind. Sometimes you want a cream to continue feeling “creamy” after applied, but for a hand cream, the quick absorption is ideal for on-the-go, you can feel moisturized without struggling to hold your pen.
8. Be a Bombshell Eye Crayon in Hangover – This eye crayon is FULL SIZE. I chose the shade Hangover, which is a shimmery chocolate brown. I love the color but feel like the formula of the pencil, causes it to tug at my eye. It also has that sticky creamy consistency (if that makes sense) that makes it hard to blend into other shades. It reminds me slightly of the Makeup Forever Aqua Waterproof Eye Shadow Pencils. The BAB crayon is manageable, but try using 3 or 4 colors for your eye look and I could see it getting difficult and not turning out the way you had hoped. My best success with this pencil has been to use it with one basic, light shade (like the Rob Scheppy) and use the crayon to smoke out the crease. I found it works best when it is kept simple.
This was a GREAT bag this month. I might not have loved the City Color Cosmetics Creamy Lip Stain, but my other products (including my bonuses) made up for it. Overall, I ipsylove ipsy! This marks only the 3rd product (out of 40) that I haven’t liked. That is sooooo worth the $15 USD a month! Click Here to get your own Glam Bag!! Still not convinced? Click Here to see January’s review.