The first ipsy #glambag of 2015 is here! I’m always excited to get my bag, and this month was no exception. I’m loving the “Fresh Start” theme this month. Simple products, nothing too sparkley or glittery. Basic makeup, the staples.
Ipsy is the monthly beauty subscription that ships 4-5 beauty samples right to your door. There is always a nice mix of full size and sample size (usually mini/deluxe size) products. The cost is $10 USD a month (plus $5 USD for shipping if you live in Canada). The value of the bag far surpasses the price. Through ipsy, I have fallen in love with new (to me) brands (NYX) and also gotten some well known favorites (Urban Decay). They also have a wicked rewards program where you get points for doing reviews. Those points can be redeemed for full size and sample size products. I have 2 bonus items coming next month!!
The bag this month has a vinyl/plastic feel to it (super easy to clean) with a woven type print. It is cobalt blue on one side and white on the other. The zipper is orange and has the signature “ipsy” pull. It is rectangular and spacious, I prefer this over the pencil case style bags. I actually liked this bag more when I saw that it was two toned, I was expecting it to be completely blue.
I was pretty excited for this bag, but after trying out the products, I’m even more elated. The products I received this month:
1. Coastal Scents Liquid Eyeliner – I can’t review this for you dolls because I’m trading it with a friend for the Hikari liner. I have soooo many black liners, and she won’t wear the shimmery grey of the Hikari. I will let you know what I thought of the Hikari though when I do the swap!!
2. Hey Honey Take It Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask – I love the way this mask made my skin feel, the epitome of a fresh start. Don’t forget to apply a light moisturizer BEFORE applying the mask. I could see this mask being problematic if you skipped that step! I also liked the scent very fresh, light, and sweet.
3. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – As expected, this primer is unreal! It keeps my makeup looking fresh and keeps my face feeling hydrated. This primer provides a barrier to help seal in your moisturizer, underneath your makeup. I apply my moisturizer, then the primer, followed by my BB cream, and finally my powder, blush, bronzer, highlighter. That sounds like a process, but I look flawless.
4. (MALIN+GOETZ) Mojito Lip Balm – I have never heard of this brand, but OMG this balm is phenomenal. It is perfect to wear alone or over color. It is hydrating and makes my lips feel so smooth. It is not sticky but is thick and wears like a gloss, while providing all the benefits of a balm. It had a light mint scent. I’m actually in love with this formula!!
5. Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow – I received this in the shade Ethereal. And, again, I love it. This product is vegan, cruelty free, gluten free, and free of phthalates, parabens, carmine, beeswax (obviously since it’s vegan), lanolin, mineral oils, propylene glycol, petroleum and FD&C colors. The shade itself is gorgeous. It is a light nude shimmer. Super pigmented! This shadow is great for a variety of looks and would also make a beautiful highlight for cheeks, brow bone, and body. It would look just as fabulous all by itself, with just some mascara and liner, for a low maintenance look.
I’m loving the fresh bag this month. Ipsy keeps killing it. I love trying all the new products, especially for just over $15 CAD. Click Here to see what I got in last month’s bag. Click Here to get your own Glam Bag. ♡